Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Road to loving me .....I am unique therefore very special


I'm going to make this short and sweet " Love is the source of all good things". Durning, the family visit my cuz, brother, and I were taking pics and I freaked out over an unflattering image. I was very stiff while taking the pics and clearly uncomfortable. My little cousin whose 21 years old said " Why are you being so Insecure you look fine?" I don't know why but his comment resonated with me. I thought to myself " Why are you freaking out and feeling so uncomfortable in your own skin?"

My mind was subconciously comparing myself to our societys standard of air brushed beauty. Although, I'm no supermodel. I'm a very attractive woman and even if I weren't ....I'm smart,funny, positive, loyal, forgiving, compassionate, and of all these wonderful things that I share with others. But, I also have alot of other qualities which no one shares .My combination is unique , special, and worthy of unconditional love. On a deeper level my soul which is a reflection of God is worthy of unconditional love. My life is worthy of unconditional love. I'm grateful for the essence of me.

I decided then I need to rectify my relationship with myself. I now look at myself with new eyes and conciously reminded myself that I'm special and deserving of unconditonal love .....especially from myself.


“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes.

Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know — but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me.

However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me.

I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.”
Denis2005 Virginia Satir quotes (American Psychologist and Educator, 1916-1988)

No comments:

Post a Comment