Friday, July 2, 2010

Why we should never forget our " Road To Freedom " .......






I had a crazy busy day today but decided to stop off at the Bronx Museum before heading home. I'm really glad that I did because an exhibit based on the civil rights movement was on display. I gained a better appreciation of the liberties that myself and many others take for granted everyday. We are all human beings and the civil rights movement shouldn't have been necessary, yet it was. I appreciate all those before me who risked their physical safety and lives so that I could be educated , become an entrepreneur, live without a looming threat , and be proud of my race. I could walk around with my head held high and use my voice to say " I'm a human being not a second class citizen" and be heard. They showed us the power within that could in effect change the world.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I've brought you a sea of words. Please look, absorb, reflect, and pay this experience forward.

In the words of Martin Luther King Jr.

" We must come to see that the end we seek is a society at peace with itself, a society that can live with it's conscience."

Each one of us help create the society we live in - What do you want to be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment