Friday, May 20, 2011

Road to Loving Myself ......Realizing my self worth


I quit my job on May 14, 2011 which now represents my personal revolution.I was berated by my co - worker for the umpteenth time but this time was different. It was as if I finally realized " I didn't have to accept this type of treatment from her or anyone else. I finally realize my self worth. I AM worthy of respect and deserve better. I deserve the life I desire. I sat at my desk until 4am listening to my soul and made a decision not to live in FEAR but embrace FAITH. I tossed aside all my fears about money, the economy, other peoples approval, and perceptions and decided to LIVE FOR ME!!!

I've decided to use this time to meditate and explore my spirituality. I've always prayed but have now decided to take this time to listen and discover myself.

Who am I without a job?

Who am I without a steady income?

Who am I without a title?

Who am I removed from my clan; family, company, organizations, etc?

What do i want to do?

Who do I chose to love?

Am I passionate about what I'm doing?

Am I serving anyone?

Am I making a difference?

Am I even writting my own story or living out someone elses plot?

WHO AM I?

I cannot proclaim to have all or any answers but I intend to find out.

I'm now apart of my community garden not to align myself with another "group" but to start doing things , i never had the time to.....

I planted tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, peppers, sunflowers, peppermint, and thyme. As, I tend to my garden, I will tend to my soul. I will water, fertilized, and expose my health, beliefs about prosperity, self - esteem, and relationships to sunlight so they flourish along with my garden.

I promise myself - I will recreate my life and reap the rewards of all I've sown.

No comments:

Post a Comment